So you have been told your Cherry Hill home has termites – how do you decide between Termite Bait Stations or Traditional Liquid Termite Treatment?
There are two acceptable methods for treating a house for termites. The first is a liquid treatment applying a non-repellant termiticide that creates an invisible barrier between the entire structure and the ground. The second is a baiting system that attempts to attract termites and subsequently poison the termite colony. The baiting system approach calls for the bait stations to be placed sporadically around the house and monitored to see if termites have infested the wood bait in the station.
Tackling rodent infestations involves dealing with structural and sanitary issues - and the time to check your South Jersey home is NOW! As the cool weather settles in, rodents begin to head indoors, looking for warm places to nest.
1. Look for the signs of rodent's presence.
Mice come in to explore and get food, and they'll continue to come and go as long as there are entry points.
Tell-tale signs of mice include "rub marks" on walls from their oily fur and droppings that are smaller than a grain of rice with pointy edges.
It's helpful to be aware what attracts vermin. Infestations can be more common near schools and restaurants — where lots of trash bags are piled up with plenty of food for rodents. Digging and demolition disturb established populations that will head off looking for a new home.
You should consider hiring a traditional home inspector and employing a licensed termite inspector before purchasing real estate or buying a home.
Termites. That one word can cause fear and anxiety in homeowners all over the country – but if you live in South Jersey you have nothing to worry about. Why? Because AB-Con Termite and Pest Control Professionals is here to help.
Termite damage far exceeds damage caused to homes by tornadoes, hurricanes and flooding and is rarely covered by homeowner insurance policies. Traditional home inspectors often are not thoroughly trained to recognize existing or potential termite damage. Early detection can save homeowners substantial repair costs.
AB-Con of course! There is no such thing as a termite-proof home. But did you know the majority of termite damage is discovered at the time a homeowner prepares to do a weekend renovation, such as replacing some trim or updating the bathroom? Most people don’t know what’s going on inside their walls until they actually open them up and discover the damage.
- Stink Bugs are Back in South Jersey!
- Warmer Temperatures = Termite Swarmers
- Holiday Greetings from AB-Con Termite and Pest Control
- South Jersey Termite Inspection finds Camel Crickets
- AB-Con's Cinnaminson Appreciation Day Winners
- Spiders and Stink Bugs and Crickets, Oh My!
- Buyer Beware - Unproven Natural Bed Bug and Head Lice Treatments
- It's Groundhog Day again in South Jersey!
- Wild, Wild, West Nile Virus
- Frightening, Fearsome, Flying Cicada Killer
- Which Ant is Which? Odorous House Ant
- Mosquito Prevention Tips
- Which Ant is Which? Little Black Ants
- Carpenter Bees or Bumble Bees?
- Which Ant is Which? Carpenter Ants
- 4 Reasons Why You Need a Professional to Take Care of Your Ant Problem
- Are Ants Marching Into Your South Jersey Home?
- Don’t Let Termites Divide and Conquer Your South Jersey Home!
- Did you remember to set your clocks one hour ahead?
- What Does a Termite Inspection Entail in South Jersey?
- Is Your South Jersey Family Bugged by Roaches?
- So...What is a Termite Swarmer Anyway?
- Get Your South Jersey Home Inspected for Termites
- Season’s Greetings from AB-Con Termite and Pest Control
- 10 Simple Tips to Keep your Holiday Baking a Fun-Filled Tradition
- Happy Thanksgiving from AB-Con of South Jersey!
- The Not So Itsy Bitsy Spider!
- 10 Tips to Keep Pests OUT of Your South Jersey Home!
- There's A Mouse in my South Jersey House!
- South Jersey AB-Con Announces Cinnaminson Day Winners!
- Silverfish - 10 Tips to Keep Your South Jersey Home Silverfish Free!
- It’s Time to Defend Your South Jersey Home against Stink Bugs
- Flea Treatment Checklist
- Why do I see Termite Swarms AFTER a Termite Treatment?
- Are Ants Driving You "Crazy" in South Jersey?
- Swarmers in September? No South Jersey, it’s NOT a Termite, it May be an Acrobat Ant
- South Jersey's Accidental Invader - The Camel Cricket
- Bed Bug Basics: 10 Tips to Protect Yourself
- Termites - What You Can't See CAN Destroy Your Home
- AB-Con Supports Habitat for Humanity with Termite Pre-Treatments
- Do You Know What a Bed Bug Bite Looks Like?
- Springtails - Part Two
- Springtails - Part Three
- TOP 3 Pest Control Questions
- Springtails or Fleas? Part One
- Stink Bugs, The New Hitch-Hiker in South Jersey
- Did you have Unwanted Guests at your Memorial Day Barbeque in South Jersey?
- South Jersey Residents - Do YOU have Termites?
- Termite Inspection and Termite Certification vs. Home Inspection
- How to Choose the RIGHT Termite and Pest Control Professional for You! 10 Tips
- No Hitch-Hikers (Bed Bugs) Allowed!
- Spring is coming to South Jersey and Termites will Swarm
- South Jersey Termite Damage Repair
- Top Ten Reasons WHY You Should Have a Renewable Termite Warranty
- Spring Lawn Spray Special Offer
- Make Holiday Treats with Love, Not Bugs
- AB-Con Bed Bug Treatment Preparation Guide
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite on Christmas Night!
- South Jersey Residents - Do you have Zero Tolerance for Occasional Invaders - Crickets?
- South Jersey Residents - Ever wondered what was involved in a Termite Treatment?
- South Jersey Residents - Are Stink Bugs buggin' you?
- South Jersey Residents - Re-Financing your Home?
- South Jersey Residents - Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite
- The AB-Con Bug Blog